I’ve been a blogger for nearly two years now and I’ve been on social media for about 10. It’s crazy to think that I’ve been using social media for so long. I got an Instagram in college and I’ve been obsessed ever since. For most of my time on Instagram, my profile was private but once I started blogging I made it public. I debated for a while if I should create an entirely new Instagram specifically for my blog, but in the end I decided on keeping my personal Instagram and adding in my blog content.
One goal that I’ve set for myself is to read more books. It’s so common for people my age to stop reading books once they’re done with school, so I’m trying not to fall victim to that. One of my most recent reads was Szen Zone by Gary Szenderski. Szen Zone is a collection of stories which promote happiness and positive change – something I am always looking to incorporate into my life.
When I first wrestled with the idea of starting a blog, I decided to tell a couple people. I wanted to see what people’s initial reaction would be. While many were supportive, I also got the response, “Why? What would you even blog about?” For some reason, this has stuck with me for the past year and a half. Did this person think I’m a bad writer? Did they think no one would care what I had to say? I honestly still don’t know why they responded in that way but it continues to bother me to this day.
I’m officially past the halfway point in first my 101 in 1001 journey. Time has been flying by, and I didn’t even realize how far along I was in my challenge. I really need to start making more progress on this list! So far, I’ve completed 25/101 things on my list. I’ve made a lot of progress on many and I’m super close to finishing more of them!
Here’s what I’ve completed so far:
- Actually come up with 101 things…
- Get a drivers license
- Invest in a Kate Spade purse- Turns out I didn’t have to (but would still like to!) Jack got me one for my 22nd birthday & my 23rd!
- Wake up at 6:30 every day for two weeks
- Go to sleep before 11 every day for two weeks
- Cook for a holiday dinner
- Purchase a new laptop of my choice
- Try 10 new restaurants- 10+ STILL COUNTING! Casa Corona (Marblehead, MA), Toscano (Harvard Square, MA), Howling Wolf (Salem, MA), Cho Sun Sushi Restaurant (Newry, ME), Antique Table (Swampscott, MA), Caffe Italia (Marblehead, MA), Granary Tavern (Boston, MA), Jacks Wife Freda (NYC), 12 Chairs Cafe (NYC), Rockefeller Center Cafe (NYC), Soall Bistro (Marblehead, MA), Salem Beer Works (Salem, MA), Tatte Bakery (Brookline, MA), Mission (Washington, DC), Ted’s Bulletin (Washington, DC), Policy (Washington, DC), Verts (Boston, MA), Barcelona (Boston, MA), Les Zygomates (Boston, MA), Paradiso Ristorante (Swampscott, MA)
- Attend a fashion show I was actually in a fashion show! I still hope to attend another one, in the audience!
- Vote in an election
- Treat myself to a mani-pedi
Happy February! I’ve been a little MIA for about a month now, but I’m back! I thought blogging would be the one constant thing in my life, but as it turns out, there’s been a lot of unexpected changes. They haven’t all been bad, in fact, most of them have been great – but that’s another story. I do want to share with you my latest ‘Currently Loving’ list as a little peek at what I’ve been up to!
It’s pretty obvious that I love coffee and I love food (as you can see clearly on my Instagram.) When I was given the chance to get creative with Atlas Coffee Club, I decided to combine my love for coffee and my love for sweet treats; I used coffee in my cooking!
Becoming a morning person isn’t an easy feat when you’re so used to sleeping in and rolling out of bed. Recently I’ve had to start rising before the sun and while it’s pretty great to watch the sunrise everyday, I’m used to sleeping in a bit more, so it has definitely been an adjustment.
Happy New Year! 2016 flew by so fast I’m still in shock that it’s already January 2017. I make resolutions every year and much like everyone else, I sometimes struggle to keep up with them. Throughout the year I will occasionally make new goals lists, and of course I have my ongoing 101 in 1001 list. For 2017 I’ve made some great resolutions that I can continue to check and keep up with throughout the year.
2016 is coming to a close and 2017 is going to be here in the blink of an eye. Before I dive head first into the New Year, I want to take a look back at some of my best blog and social posts from 2016!
Last week I kicked off the holiday season with the lovely ladies at Leaf Boutique in Brookline! Not only was the night full of holiday fashion, but it was also a celebration of their 20th anniversary. Every time I go to Leaf Boutique I fall in love with everything and this night was no different; both outfits that I wore in the show, plus some more items, are currently hanging in my closet… I’m a shopping addict, what can I say?