I’m officially past the halfway point in first my 101 in 1001 journey. Time has been flying by, and I didn’t even realize how far along I was in my challenge. I really need to start making more progress on this list! So far, I’ve completed 25/101 things on my list. I’ve made a lot of progress on many and I’m super close to finishing more of them!
Here’s what I’ve completed so far:
- Actually come up with 101 things…
- Get a drivers license
- Invest in a Kate Spade purse- Turns out I didn’t have to (but would still like to!) Jack got me one for my 22nd birthday & my 23rd!
- Wake up at 6:30 every day for two weeks
- Go to sleep before 11 every day for two weeks
- Cook for a holiday dinner
- Purchase a new laptop of my choice
- Try 10 new restaurants- 10+ STILL COUNTING! Casa Corona (Marblehead, MA), Toscano (Harvard Square, MA), Howling Wolf (Salem, MA), Cho Sun Sushi Restaurant (Newry, ME), Antique Table (Swampscott, MA), Caffe Italia (Marblehead, MA), Granary Tavern (Boston, MA), Jacks Wife Freda (NYC), 12 Chairs Cafe (NYC), Rockefeller Center Cafe (NYC), Soall Bistro (Marblehead, MA), Salem Beer Works (Salem, MA), Tatte Bakery (Brookline, MA), Mission (Washington, DC), Ted’s Bulletin (Washington, DC), Policy (Washington, DC), Verts (Boston, MA), Barcelona (Boston, MA), Les Zygomates (Boston, MA), Paradiso Ristorante (Swampscott, MA)
- Attend a fashion show I was actually in a fashion show! I still hope to attend another one, in the audience!
- Vote in an election
- Treat myself to a mani-pedi
- Design my own blog layout for my personal brand Personalized my blog and created a logo!
- Host a giveaway with other bloggers
- Get my first “real” job
- Attend a conference or a lecture series – Forbes Under 30 Summit, October 16-19, 2016 (Boston)
- Take a workshop to better my passions (blogging, career, writing, etc.) I took 2 online certification programs for my career!
- Create business cards
- Attend Alumni Weekend at Roanoke
- Learn how to golf
- Attend a Red Sox game
- Go to New York City for a weekend My Weekend in NYC Recap, here!
- Go to a vineyard for a wine tasting
- Go on a road trip
While I still have a lot to complete, I am definitely proud of how many of the little things I’ve accomplished so far. I’m looking forward to completing the rest of my list and starting a new 101 in 1001 list in 2018!
Happy February! I’ve been a little MIA for about a month now, but I’m back! I thought blogging would be the one constant thing in my life, but as it turns out, there’s been a lot of unexpected changes. They haven’t all been bad, in fact, most of them have been great – but that’s another story. I do want to share with you my latest ‘Currently Loving’ list as a little peek at what I’ve been up to!
It’s pretty obvious that I love coffee and I love food (as you can see clearly on my Instagram.) When I was given the chance to get creative with Atlas Coffee Club, I decided to combine my love for coffee and my love for sweet treats; I used coffee in my cooking!
Becoming a morning person isn’t an easy feat when you’re so used to sleeping in and rolling out of bed. Recently I’ve had to start rising before the sun and while it’s pretty great to watch the sunrise everyday, I’m used to sleeping in a bit more, so it has definitely been an adjustment.
Happy New Year! 2016 flew by so fast I’m still in shock that it’s already January 2017. I make resolutions every year and much like everyone else, I sometimes struggle to keep up with them. Throughout the year I will occasionally make new goals lists, and of course I have my ongoing 101 in 1001 list. For 2017 I’ve made some great resolutions that I can continue to check and keep up with throughout the year.
2016 is coming to a close and 2017 is going to be here in the blink of an eye. Before I dive head first into the New Year, I want to take a look back at some of my best blog and social posts from 2016!
Last week I kicked off the holiday season with the lovely ladies at Leaf Boutique in Brookline! Not only was the night full of holiday fashion, but it was also a celebration of their 20th anniversary. Every time I go to Leaf Boutique I fall in love with everything and this night was no different; both outfits that I wore in the show, plus some more items, are currently hanging in my closet… I’m a shopping addict, what can I say?
Buying gifts for other people is never an easy task. We are already in December and I’ve bought approximately zero gifts for family and friends; I’m the worst, I know. But, I have put together a couple gift guides for December to make everyone’s (and my own) holiday shopping much, much easier. My first gift guide is Gifts For Her Under $50!
It’s the holiday season, officially. Thanksgiving came and passed, Black Friday was another full weekend of shopping deals, and now it’s the build up to Christmas and the New Year. Not to be a Grinch, but I feel like it’s harder to get into the holiday spirit as a 20-something. It’s supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, but it feels immensely different than in the past. I felt this way last year too as it was my first Christmas as a ‘real person’.
Now, I don’t want it to feel that way. Although I’m no longer attending Christmas cocktails with my sorority sisters or taking holiday breaks from school work, I still want that same old holiday feeling.
I’m thankful for a lot of things this holiday season, many of which are true, heartfelt things to be thankful for. However something that I think we can all be thankful for are cocktails; especially when you have the day off from work, family is around, and you just want to relax and enjoy the day. Not to say that you can’t enjoy the day without a cocktail in hand but it’s definitely an added treat to the holiday season.