Never will I ever be able to handle change the way that some people can. Some people greet change with open arms, embrace it, and happily move forward with their lives. I, on the other hand, try to stay still while I really want to run in the opposite direction. I’m very set in my ways, so although I am trying to grow and better myself, immediate change is a hard reality for me to handle.
2018 is here, and I’m ready to bring my blog back. This blog post will be short and sweet, just a mini update of why my blog has been in limbo.
Life happens. And sometimes, it’s not always easy to dedicate the time I wish I could to my blog. Some major life changes have happened since my last post, most importantly, I finally moved to Boston. It’s something that I wanted to do for the longest time, and I was finally able to make it happen.
So. I said just a few days ago that I would be posting daily, or at least trying. Yesterday, I had planned a blog post, but I fell asleep before finishing it on Wednesday night… I'm off to a rocky start. But, I'm back and bringing back one of my favorite roundups on my blog – Currently Loving! I actually haven't done one of these posts in a long, long time, so I am excited to share what I'm currently loving!
Okay, wow. Happy blogiversary to me! My blog officially turned two on July 29th. It seems like my first blogiversary just happened, and I’m in shock that I’m already celebrating year two! This year, I feel like I have many of the same sentiments that I had last year. My blog is growing, I’m personally growing, but my blogging frequency isn’t as high as I’d hoped. While I am still working at that, I wanted to write a little bit of a reflection on how some things have changed over the last two years.
Over the past week, I accomplished so many things that made me proud of myself. I traveled to Chicago aka The Windy City (which definitely lives up to its name!), for the first time ever. As a part of my job, I plan trade shows which is a totally new area for me. But, with the guidance and help of my coworker, we executed an amazing show this past week! We also got to adventure around the city which was a great way to end our long days of work.
It’s so easy to hold onto a person or a behavior when it provides you with so much comfort. While it can add stability to life, if what you’re holding onto is toxic, it only brings negativity into your life. I have found that I am one to hold onto these bad things, both physically and emotionally, in my life. Finding ways to let go can allow you to be happier, healthier, and generally more positive.
By no means am I an expert at removing negativity and only focusing on positivity. Honestly, I am still working on all of these things and trying to remember the importance of choosing happiness, every day. This is one of those posts where I’m writing it for myself, in hopes that it resonates with you, too.
When I first wrestled with the idea of starting a blog, I decided to tell a couple people. I wanted to see what people’s initial reaction would be. While many were supportive, I also got the response, “Why? What would you even blog about?” For some reason, this has stuck with me for the past year and a half. Did this person think I’m a bad writer? Did they think no one would care what I had to say? I honestly still don’t know why they responded in that way but it continues to bother me to this day.
I’m officially past the halfway point in first my 101 in 1001 journey. Time has been flying by, and I didn’t even realize how far along I was in my challenge. I really need to start making more progress on this list! So far, I’ve completed 25/101 things on my list. I’ve made a lot of progress on many and I’m super close to finishing more of them!
Here’s what I’ve completed so far:
- Actually come up with 101 things…
- Get a drivers license
- Invest in a Kate Spade purse- Turns out I didn’t have to (but would still like to!) Jack got me one for my 22nd birthday & my 23rd!
- Wake up at 6:30 every day for two weeks
- Go to sleep before 11 every day for two weeks
- Cook for a holiday dinner
- Purchase a new laptop of my choice
- Try 10 new restaurants- 10+ STILL COUNTING! Casa Corona (Marblehead, MA), Toscano (Harvard Square, MA), Howling Wolf (Salem, MA), Cho Sun Sushi Restaurant (Newry, ME), Antique Table (Swampscott, MA), Caffe Italia (Marblehead, MA), Granary Tavern (Boston, MA), Jacks Wife Freda (NYC), 12 Chairs Cafe (NYC), Rockefeller Center Cafe (NYC), Soall Bistro (Marblehead, MA), Salem Beer Works (Salem, MA), Tatte Bakery (Brookline, MA), Mission (Washington, DC), Ted’s Bulletin (Washington, DC), Policy (Washington, DC), Verts (Boston, MA), Barcelona (Boston, MA), Les Zygomates (Boston, MA), Paradiso Ristorante (Swampscott, MA)
- Attend a fashion show I was actually in a fashion show! I still hope to attend another one, in the audience!
- Vote in an election
- Treat myself to a mani-pedi
Happy New Year! 2016 flew by so fast I’m still in shock that it’s already January 2017. I make resolutions every year and much like everyone else, I sometimes struggle to keep up with them. Throughout the year I will occasionally make new goals lists, and of course I have my ongoing 101 in 1001 list. For 2017 I’ve made some great resolutions that I can continue to check and keep up with throughout the year.